2009-03-02

poison ivy

two articles I came recently and I would like to share them with you:

Academic Endowments: The Curse of Hoarded Treasure on March 1, 2009

and the other, just over 2 years ago:
The Dangerous Wealth of the Ivy League

I guess the financial crisis affect even these very elitist institutions, but I don't think they should complain, because the endowment of the state university I went to isn't even anywhere close to the ballpark. Having said that, my alma mater is a member of the Association of American Universities and I think the education it offered me was more than OK. That leads me to wonder if the state universities can do a decent job educating the future of the country, what is the point the extravagant expediture of these ivies?

No comments:

您來自哪里? D'où venez-vous? Where are you from?

Related Posts with Thumbnails